Wednesday, November 4, 2009

beyond the imaginary line

The other day brought warm breezes and a bright sunshine. Thankfully, because just prior it had rained a handful of days in a row. So naturally, we played in it. And these three girls found something to feast their eyes on quite quickly.



I had popped my head out from the garage--where I was folding clothes--and noticed they had crossed "the imaginary line" that's drawn a little over half way down our driveway. This is were I found them sitting. Right at the edge of the road. That's when I knew something was worth seeing.


What? You wonder? A silver dollar? A fallen lifesaver?

Nope.

They found some slimy yet delightful slugs?



Slugs that eventually made it into a tupperware with water and a leaf for all to see. Even the daycare lady at the grocery store. She did a marvelous job acting surprised.







12 comments:

~*Michelle*~ said...

Oh I love it!

The photos are precious.....

....and miss you woman!

Unknown said...

You have some brave kiddos. Ally would say "eew" and run away I'm sure.

Stephanie said...

EEEEWWWWW I don't like those things at all! but they sure look fascinated by them :)

Melissa Post said...

Look at the twin's curls. So cute! Where did they get those from?

gina said...

HaHa- I love the contrast of the curls and ribbons with the fact they were intriuged by slugs. An "unpink" moment for sure!!

amanda said...

we have an imaginary line too!!

i would've totally geeked out about the slugs though!

Angela said...

My kids always find stuff like that in the yard- caterpillars, etc.- and then then stick them in containers and forget about them. I always stumble upon dried up dead creatures. It's so gross. And sad... poor little guys.

Kristin said...

Why has no one else mentioned how impeccably you dress your girls to go play with slugs?!? Seriously...please tell me they do not look that darn adorable and matching every day or I may have to just surrender my good mama membership. :)

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful family! God bless!

Mandy said...

I just happend upon your blog and you have some adorable kids!

Nishant said...

You have some brave kiddos. Ally would say "eew" and run away I'm sure.

Work from home India

La Familia Garcia said...

Your kids are beautiful! Love the little adventure!